McAlester Regional Health Center establishes new restrictions
McAlester Regional Health Center has implement new visitor restrictions and access points in response to the coronavirus epidemic.
The new restrictions started on March 16.
McAlester Regional Health Center Hospital:
* Each patient may have one visitor, Visiting hours are 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
* All visitors must be age 18 or older.
* Visitors will complete a brief health screening at facility entrances.
* Exceptions will be made for end-of-life situations and certain pediatric needs.
* All visitation hours will end at 6 p.m.
The following areas will not authorize any visitors at this time:
* Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
* Van Buren House
* Lifebridge (Geropsych)
* Isolation patients
McAlester Regional Health Center Labor and Delivery
* No visitors under the age of 18, including siblings, allowed (exception, emancipated minors).
* Obstetrical patients may have one visitor in addition to their designated support person (father of baby, significant other, partner).
* Gynecological patients may have one visitor.
* The visitor and designated support person must remain the same throughout the patient’s entire hospital stay.
* All visitors will be screened at the entrance to the facility and may only enter if they are free of fever, cough, shortness of breath and have not traveled outside of the U.S. or to areas of active COVID-19 in the past 14 days. Visitors will be required to show identification upon entrance.
* If a visitor screens positive to any of the screening questions, they will not be allowed to visit.
What if I have signs and symptoms?
* Anyone reporting symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a CARE Team assessment will be directed to call ahead to any of the clinics they are seeking care from.
* McAlester Regional Health Center Emergency Room: 918-421-8005
* Southeast Clinic Urgent Care: 918-421-6960
What entry points will be open for access?
* Patient Admitting entry (Monroe entry) 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
* Emergency Room Entrance (Strong entry) 24/7.
* Coppertop Building – 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
Additionally, all non-essential visitors, vendors, and contractors are prohibited from hospital facilities while these restrictions are in place.
We appreciate your understanding during this time and we apologize for any inconvenience that this process has caused.